martes, 30 de junio de 2015

Narcissims sucks!


Sometime before, someone asked me “what ppl have wanted to be”... I´m unwilling to share that, in details but, when I read that interesting question I´ve laughed, not only for the possibility that ppl had been too openhearted but, for that way of online soul harvesting.

When I was a child, I wanted to be all: A man of science, a teacher... and a musician. Few days back I relearned why I wanted to be “a musician”: I thought they have it “all” (and that is one of those lies we ppl believed).

On the bottom of those preconceived ideas, what it is really wanted, it was fame, money and sex (basically).

When you get old, it doesn´t matter how many things you had achieved professionally or academically, because fame, money and sex will keep its going on.

When you´ve turned to Jesus Christ and His lordship, you could be changed, particularly in those areas affecting your ego, your inner world that goes nowhere too proud.

Narcissism is involved in all of this.

Personal pride might have misled more good intentions than a million of ppl´s souls.

I cannot speak for another person but, you surely know what has affected your own life, in an odd or hurtful way.

Has fame and its luring ways grabbed you, once?

“Normal” narcissism would lure you away somehow. If you are not “a star”, you would -probably- seek after one bringing life over you (and not inside, instead of that?).

Unnoticedly, I supposed that -if I had “fame” enough- money will come along easily (as those enjoyable things would come, too).

That is not simple! I was wronged, but the world would say it wasn´t too wrong, according to its ways (I´ve lived in).

I grew near that “artistic” world, I wanted to be part of.

I envied the apparent “success” it often promised (just to get those worldly pleasures I haven´t got, the way I liked). Sin, by the way, offered the same… Like the Old Serpent promised Eve and Adam!

In life quest, money was not what I really sought.

I could have bought the "whole" world, but what it could be gotten here with it -to make me "happier"- was not wealth itself, but those things I liked, missed or lacked.

It wasn´t the temporal glory men like to receive, neither the “honor” of that public recognition, but what I could enjoy physically, and everything I could pay for (or receive for free).

If you are a committed Christian believer, you surely know what Jesus taught about self-righteousness and about being Narcissist.

Whenever He said something like this: “Mat 23:9 Don't call anyone on earth your father. All of you have the same Father in heaven. ” He wasn´t talking to Catholic people around, He was talking to Jewish ppl (and to you and me).

When He said: “Mat 23:10 None of you should be called the leader. The Messiah is your only leader. ” He was avoiding men´s traditions and, the way His people was giving personal cultism or cultic personalism to men´s fame.

He said whom we ought to worship and fear (Luk_12:5).

Who it is man, we should worship him in an undeserved fear? (Job_28:28; 2Co_5:11)

Recently I wrote down this thought I had (in Spanish):

Narcisismo: "Pararse bajo el árbol que te dé mejor luz... Sin ser uno parte de la sombra." ¡Perro! Hay tantos narcisistas, que ya me asombram.  ¡Ja! ¡Ja!

Narcissism (another funny definition) is: “Standing up near the biggest tree which might bring -on you- LIGHT, instead of making you part of its expelled shadows”

What type of a man Christ was?

Whenever I read this (Joh 7:3-5 So his brothers said to him, Go away from here into Judaea so that your disciples may see the works which you do. Because no man does things secretly if he has a desire that men may have knowledge of him. If you do these things, let yourself be seen by all men. For even his brothers had no belief in him. ) I know what type of man He was (Mat 12:18-21)

Jesus was TOO far from seeking human´s worldly fame.

Joh 5:30 I cannot do anything on my own. (...) because I obey him, and I don't just try to please myself.

Joh 8:50 But I seek not mine own glory (…)

Joh 5:41 I don't care about human praise (…)

Joh 5:34 I don't depend on what people say about me (...)

If I compared Him to this verse (Mat 6:2 ... because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward. ) I know He was talking to us, to seek not men´s glory.

And, pouring more light on what He actually taught (by deeds, not dead words) He added:

Joh 5:34 I don't depend on what people say about me. Instead, I say these things, so that you may be saved.



Narcissims sucks!

                       A.T.



















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario